However, this summer I've decided to trade my "Fall is the Most Fabulous" mantra for a bit of "Summer Lovin'" attitude as I channel my "All things Summer" friend, Adeye, in order to do this right. So, here are a few things I'm lovin' about summer so far...
1) Watching Michael play formal baseball for the first time and having the time of his life.
It doesn't hurt when the first team you're on wins the Championship Game by a score of 10-0! Way to go REDS!!!
And it only gets sweeter for me watching my husband coach his youngest son as he's done for the eldest in years past. What a guy!
2) Having my eldest help the youngest acclimate to her first time in the pool this season.
She started off a bit tentative this year but was quickly back in her mermaid mode which included screaming, "That's not fair!" when I made her come out after a few HOURS!
3) Seeing the relationship between these 2 cousins grow stronger and funnier. I absolutely love hanging around these 2 because they are hilarious together and I always end up wishing I had some popcorn and milk duds to go with the 'show'. ha ha ha (that's for you Jessica).
Helping Nonna make dough-balls. See, I told you they were funny!
Nonna thinks so too! And she even put up with them for 2 weeks before I got there! What a woman!!!
4) Finding the beauty in this doll-baby! Isn't she gorgeous? (And goofy too--the best combination out there in my opinion!)
It's not often I can get Josi to pose for some pictures so I was thrilled that she was in the mood for a fun photo shoot before church up in PA.
5) Spending some time with my Mom as she celebrated her 75th birthday, and...
...seeing her smile more often after a very difficult year.
6) Having time to cool off in the pool when the temperatures get hot.
7) Hanging out with cousins...
And just some good old horsing around!
8) But mostly I'm enjoying and appreciating the slower pace that is a big part of loving Summer!
So how about you? What are you loving about Summer?
Oh, and in case you were wondering...there are only 82 days until Fall!!! WOO HOO!!! (Sorry Adeye--I just un-channeled you for a minute there)
I have spent the last 1.5hrs. trying to figure out why the comment prompt is missing on this blog post. I haven't changed any settings and I went back and checked and all comment settings are correct. If any of you have any advice on how to fix this, please e-mail me at email@example.com
Thanks! (Because I know at least 20 people have tried to comment. Har-dee-har-har-har!)