Our dossier arrived in Kyev last Friday after we were told it would arrive on Wednesday (sigh). Seems it was held up in customs in Kyev for some reason. Anyway, we had hoped for our translator to have our paperwork ready to submit this coming Thursday, April 1st (they only submit on Thursdays), but because of the delay, it may not be until next Thursday, April 8th that we'll actually be submitted.
At first I was very disappointed since we've worked so hard to get things done as quickly as possible, but then I realized that having an extra week to get things ready to
1) be away from home for 3 weeks,
2) get the girls' room ready, and
3)get a few more weeks of homeschooling under our belts might not be a bad thing.
The biggest disapointment (other than waiting an extra week to meet Nadia), is that we were hoping to cross paths with a few amazing blogger friends while we're over there. Not sure if that will happen if we're delayed a week. Fortunately, one will be moving to VA which is only 21/2hrs. away, and the other one lives in Ohio which is another road trip we'd love to take to meet their families and new girls from Nadia's country!!!
I know God will work it out for us to spend time with these families either across the ocean or in the good old U.S. of A. We're in the home stretch now and getting even more excited to go meet our daughter and bring her back where she belongs!!!
8:15pm--Just received an e-mail that there will be NO dossier submissions until April 15th. We don't know why at this point but it's very disappointing news. Please pray for whatever possible "issue" that's causing this shut-down to be resolved quickly. We aren't the first ones in the adoption world to be caught up in delays beyond our control and we won't be the last...but it's still a big, fat, BUMMER!!!
Celebrating My Guy
9 hours ago